National Counselor's Week
National School Counseling Week is Feb. 6th - 10th.
National School Counseling Week, sponsored by the American School Counseling Association, highlights school counselors' tremendous impact in helping students achieve school success. Our school counselors also assist students with social and emotional development, decision-making, goal-setting, and self-advocacy skills. Additionally, they help to connect families with local community resources for long-term support.
WBA will show our appreciation to our amazing counselor, Lisa Eubanks, with the following themed days!
- Monday - My school counselor knows I have a bright future and we made it to the 100th day of school! Wear neon or celebrate the 100th day of school by wearing a shirt with 100 things on it, dress as a 100-year-old person, or combine neon and your favorite 100th-day-of-school ideas!
- Tuesday - My school counselor believes in me and I believe in me too! Have your scholar draw a self-portrait and write their favorite words of affirmation on the self-portrait. Bring it to school and give it to Mrs. Eubanks
- Wednesday - My school counselor loves when I show my kind heart to others! Wear Mrs. Eubank's favorite color and commit a random act of kindness. Wear your favorite shades of Pink!
- Thursday - My school counselor believes in the power of friendship! Let's make a new friend. Write a kind note to someone you do not usually talk to or play with!
- Friday - My school counselor is on my team! Wear your favorite team jerseys or shirts. Let's kick off Superbowl weekend!